General

Welcome to the official PenguiNet forum!

Please post your comments, questions, problems, feedback and ideas here – we’re listening.

General

Categories

1. well, I cannot select anything from drop-down list. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18298016/pictures/Untitled-1.png

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You’re probably using SSH2 and need to select one of your SSH2 keys from the combo just below the one open in your screenshot. If you see no keys there either, try adding the key via Tools|Manage keypairs.

2. I am trying to insert a line within an existing screen. For example, position the cursor at line 12, col 0; insert a linefeed, moving row 12 and below down one line. Move the cursor back to line 12 and display new text. I have not been able to do this with Putty or Penguin. It works on a real Vt-100. Any ideas? Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Is it possible - to modify the Windows OS to open ssh:// Action-Links with PenguiNet? PenguiNet maybe could install this automatic?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. i using secure crt for years. but now i've changed my employer which doesn't have secure crt. now i'm searching for a lower priced alternative.

what i missed...

• real tabs (in a row...like browsers)

• tabs that showing me the status of the session (especially a "activity indicator" for sessions in background!!)

both features are a must have for an old secure crt fan. ;)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Need it for a central terminal server solution!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great to show the connection status on the tab icon show in case you have disabled the disconnect message to have a quick status of the connection. Also please add the possibility to reopen a disconnected session by just pressing enter while the tab has focus.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We intend to use overlay icons to show extra information about the sessions (such as what protocol they’re using), so we look into this at that point. I don’t have this commited to a version yet, though.

8. Automatically backup/export profiles on application close, to a target directory I can choose (may be simply added in export profile tab as a "Do it automatically on each app close" checkbox). I recently crash my system disk, and my manually exported profiles were 12 month old on my data disk... Everything lost !

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dear PenguiNet Team,

is there a possibility to export the passwords? Our central management server will move to a new machine and after the export/import under tools with 2.54. there was no password stored.
    This is really annoying > we had about 1000 devices listed!

br
    neo

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When you Clone an SCP or SFTP connection it would be very useful if the new session started in your current directory.

if you're working on a file in /a/b/c/d/e/f/g for instance and want to download it, you hit clone SFTP and get taken to /root/ where you have to navigate back to where you started

150 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have an option "Allow only one instance of PenguiNet". If PenguiNet icon is clicked and it's already open, it can bring this other instance to focus. This is done by IE8 in Win7. New windows can be opened from there.

This is much better than having a windows tab full of programs with multiple tabs inside them.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Would be nice to be able to set penguinet to play a sound when a new line is entered on the terminal. Good for a timely reminder when a long-running job is completed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would you consider adding http and https protocol support?

These could effectively be links to the ms url protocol handler, and open in the default browser when clicked.

this would help me use penguinet to store my host information for any servers which include a web gui such as zentyal, proxmox, endian firewall, etc.

Obviously authentication information couldn't be stored but that responsibility would be handed off to the browser.

Later on, perhaps other protocols could be registered such as rdp and vnc but I suppose that is drifting in a non-penguin-shaped direction...

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Is it / would it be possible to set the default terminal type and UTF-8 option in the "quick connect" dialog? It seems to default to "Linux" but I'd prefer "VT100".

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. You use a lot of window resize to copy paste from other applications don't you? See further !!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. For on the go usage, sync with connectbot (android) all my connections would be fantastic. Trying to get round that at the moment using ssh keys, but cannot figure out how to export a private key from penguinet in a format connectbot will like (ssh1-rsa)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If I try to select an SSH2 key pair for the "Default" session in the connection profiles dialog the setting isn't saved next time I go back into it (dropdown list is just blank).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I like to leave authentication agent forwarding switched on as most of my servers support it. However, some don't and the "authentication agent not supported" pop up box appears. I'm not sure this modal warning box is that helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I lterally have hundreds of servers and virtual servers to monitor and maintain. I need the ability to search the connection profiles for a conection profile name and have the connection profile tree expand or open up to a specific connection profile.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As far as I've seen in the shareware version of PenguiNet, there's no SFTP support? Is this in the paid version? If not, is it planned? I do see that PenguiNet has SCP support, and yes it may be faster, but I believe SFTP should at least be an option. SFTP supports many more file operations then SCP does, and it has other various advantages that would be nice to see in PenguiNet!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Daniel, We’re glad somebody’s mentioned it! We’ve been planning to add SFTP support for a long time, but it hasn’t made it on to the list yet because nobody’s been asking for it. It won’t be in the next version, but hopefully it will have enough votes to be in the version after that.

• Don't see your idea?