General

Welcome to the official PenguiNet forum!

Please post your comments, questions, problems, feedback and ideas here – we’re listening.

General

Categories

1. I have about 50 server I connect to. Many different Unix and Linux OS's. I can connect using SSH, never a problem. But about half of the server do not let me connect using SCP for file transfers. The message it says is: Permission to change to the selected directory was denied. The directory was not changed. I use the same password for all and have LDAP server. I checked my password, but nothing will let me get to these paticular servers?

I use WinSCP for these servers and connect with no problem? What's going on here?

Jdwyer@PTSnetwork.com

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be nice if a Penguinet session could be initiated and controlled from a script. This would allow us to automate SSH sessions (for example, to automate changes to equipment). I'd like the capability to either launch Penguinet from a batch file specifying a script to run or have API access to Penguinet functions from an existing scripting language (VBScript, Perl, etc.) The feature should not require any user interaction via GUI.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can already get part-way to what you want to do. Take a look at Help|Contents→Getting started|Command line options and Session|Connection profiles→Send commands. It’s not full scripting, but it will allow you to start PN from a batch file and execute a series of commands.

We’ll review the options for scripting.

3. This might already be an option, but I couldn't find it...it would be nice to be able to specify which codepage to use for character translation in a session. For instance, there are times when I need CP437.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When I am connected to a server I normally have a file upload window open and a telnet window open as well.

In the bar at the bottom of the screen it used to have a different icon for file uploads compared to the telnet window so it was easy to work out which was which.

A very minor thing I know but now have to flick through lots of windows when I have multiple connections open, please bring it back....

p.s - Apart from that it still is a fantastic program :)

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback – much appreciated.

We are considering using “overlay” icons to allow you to differentiate what kind of session it is.

Is that what you had in mind?

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?