General

Welcome to the official PenguiNet forum!

Please post your comments, questions, problems, feedback and ideas here – we’re listening.

General

Categories

1. Clicking on an active tab causes the focus to shift to the neighboring tab. Clicking on the same tab again brings the focus back. Clicking on an active tab should never cause it to lose focus. The difference in appearance between the active tab and other tabs is fairly small, so it is easy to get confused about which tab is active.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We had originally modelled it on how the Windows Start Bar works but I think we will look to make it work more like tabbed browsing on Internet Explorer, Chrome et al.

2. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Would you consider adding http and https protocol support?

These could effectively be links to the ms url protocol handler, and open in the default browser when clicked.

this would help me use penguinet to store my host information for any servers which include a web gui such as zentyal, proxmox, endian firewall, etc.

Obviously authentication information couldn't be stored but that responsibility would be handed off to the browser.

Later on, perhaps other protocols could be registered such as rdp and vnc but I suppose that is drifting in a non-penguin-shaped direction...

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please Implement http://ed25519.cr.yp.to/ public-key signature system

Also please think about supporting chacha20-poly1305

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I lterally have hundreds of servers and virtual servers to monitor and maintain. I need the ability to search the connection profiles for a conection profile name and have the connection profile tree expand or open up to a specific connection profile.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi.

I would like to propose a new feature - Custom Notes for each profile.

This is very useful of storing passwords etc.

Coz I always forgot what is the password if someone else asked me since I already set the Penguinet to save password automatically.

Thank you.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Asking if I want to import my profiles from PuTTY: Very cool! Giving me the option to re-import those profiles after I accidentally screw something up: even cooler.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Issue Detect line break Automatically

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. first awful penguinet is an excellent tool. Exept the missing of port knocking possibility.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As a Director of IT, I've used Penguinet since it's first inception. I love it so much that it has been my only remote access program for the past 9 years.

The one feature that I would love to have at this point is the ability to select either a parent folder or to use the control key to select multiple client profiles to open all sessions at once.

In my enterprise I have many systems that are redundant or in clusters (i.e. appserver1->appserver5) and I have to select one, open the SSH session, go back into the profiles, select…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I have many profiles and it's a nuisance to get the same always used aliases into each single unix-shell... and perhaps my colleagues or the customer don't like these aliases (which they get with their standard-login).

The solution could be to have something like Word-Auto-Completion. If I type #t5 penguinet might translate it automatically to "tail -500lf"...
    Could be profile-scheme-dependent or general.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You could already do something similar with keyboard mappings (definable under Tools|Keyboard mappings). Here, you could define Ctrl+T to paste the text “tail -500lf”. Does that help, or do you really want multi-key aliases?

12. Could you add feature "Selects text in a rectangular region of the screen, and copies it to the clipboard" ? Something like in Teraterm with ALT + left mouse button

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We need the ability to sudo to another user when performing secure copies.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm using dual monitors and the "overwrite file?" scp dialogue is going off screen if the scp window is on my second monitor.

Sure, I can press "enter" but it's a bit annoying :-) Could you fix the window placement code a bit?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Your response to my last question (thanks!) pointed me to the Connection Profiles' Input tab, which has a "Send Backspace as Ctrl-?" option.
    When this is turned on, Ctrl-h in emacs (which apparently should invoke help) sends a backspace.
    When it's turned off, Ctrl-h invokes help but so does Backspace.
    In both cases, direct entry of Ctrl-? seems to do nothing.
    Backspace to Delete is an obvious solution, but backspace then doesn't work in the minibuffer (it appears as DEL rather than removing the previous character).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. searching Not here I required searching funtion becuases I have more then 150 Server added so issue for searching

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Do you want to perform the tar on the remote host?

If so, there are technical constraints due to the nature of SCP – we don’t have access to a shell to execute commands.

A possible solution would be to have PenguiNet initiate a terminal session (with Send Commands) in the background. Is this what you envisaged?

Finally, please note that you can turn on compression which will help in the transfer time of files without having to tar!

18. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When highlighting (copy) tabbed code from vi, when you paste tabs are converted to their space equivalent...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The problem here is that we can’t tell, as a teminal emulator, that those are tabs. Say the cursor is on the left-hand side of the screen. The editor (be it vi or another editor) needs to output 6 tabs before outputting text. It might send “\t\t\t\t\t\t”. But it might equally send “\x1B[24G”. Since the second options is one byte less, many editors (and other apps) will choose the second option. At that point, we can no longer say whether those 24 blank characters at the start of the line are tabs or not.

The best we can do here would be to provide a setting along the lines of “when multiples of spaces appear at the start of a line, convert them to tabs”. You could then set to the tab size you normally use.

How does that sound?

20. Showing .. in directory listing allows easier keyboard navigation without having to go for mouse every time I need to go up a directory. I can hit Enter on directories to go into them, but have no keyboard method to get back.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. If possible, we’d prefer not to add “..”. The aim is to make an Explorer-like interface, and this isn’t something that Explorer does.

Would keyboard shortcuts work for you? We could make alt+left, alt+up and backspace all go to the directory above…

• Don't see your idea?