Start here:

Send command to multiple windows

One of the things we do right now is execute the same commands on many servers simultaneously. For instance to update all proprietary software or to verify configuration. It would be nice to be able to send any arbitrary command to all open windows ( anything from a simple ls, to the execution of a script file) so that I type 'ls -al' once, but see the output of that on all 16 open windows.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Greg Peterson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been a while since the last update in this section. So, have you considered including this Feature in the next version?

• Andreas Janda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a critical feature I would very much like to see in the next version. It saves lots of time and makes handling clusters a lot easier.
        XShell supports this feature but I would like to switch over to PenguiNet because of scp support which is among the most important features for me.

• Ben Ringold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be very helpful to me as well for cluster management. Here is my preference order of possible functions to support this use case:

1) Most Helpful: Exactly like cssh. User can select one of the open sessions as the master session. All input to that session is replicated to the other open sessions. This is best because it would be useful in text editors and other interactive screens, not just on the command line.

2) Not Quite as Good: Give us a global input bar. Works just like the per-window input bars but it sends to all sessions.

3) Marginally Useful: "Paste to All" function. If you are going to the trouble of cutting and pasting a script, then individually pasting to each window isn't difficult.

• dijey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Linux we use cssh. It would be really nice to do the same on Windows.

Feedback and Knowledge Base