Start here:

Ability to specify custom directory where settings and profiles are kept

Would it be possible to do this? VanDyke's SecureCRT does this which I find very helpful as my company requires that I store the settings and profiles on an encrypted disk if I want to be able to work from home. By using a custom folder and setting it to the encrypted disk I'm able to make a change to the settings or profiles at home and have it picked up automatically at work and vice-versa.

I really like PenguiNet and would like o switch to it from SecureCRT but this is a deal-breaker for me at the moment.

Thanks for considering.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SamSam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  siliconcircusAdminsiliconcircus (Admin, PenguiNet) responded  · 

Hi,
    How many of the settings do you need to be stored on the encrypted disk? Absolutely everything, or just the details for connecting to a host? Would using an encrypted USB stick be an option?

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chip SchweissChip Schweiss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most ideal for me would be the settings and profiles.pnt be password encrypted and configurable where it is stored. If encrypted and in the location of my choosing, I would keep it on my Google drive so my laptop gets the same configuration as my desktop.

• 'Carlos Devia'Carlos Devia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need it too because our C: drive is Freezed so everytime i restart the computer, the profile data is erased

• SamSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, encrypted usb is fine and actually what I use, just forgot to mention it. The main thing needed really is the profiles, any key settings and scripts, etc and the info regarding the ssh keys. Any other settings would be a bonus but not a deal breaker if they weren't included.

Feedback and Knowledge Base