Start here:

Serial port window request

The 2.54 has the serial port working but it seems to be lacking the power that rest of the software has. Which is custom sized scroll back and custom width. Even after setting Sessions to 50000 it does not take effect inside Serial port window. Forcing width to # of columns creates a scroll bar rather than set width of the window.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ilya shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • alex b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the above comments - I can't seem to change the size of the terminal window when using serial connection. I'am using latest version (2.70). I've tried all options with no effect on actual terminal window size. It stays at 80x25.

• Ren Hoek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, I struggle with the Serial option as well. For example, I'd like to use Penguinet to console into my Cisco devices at the office, but the screen width is locked, and even though I've tried all the term emulation types and optins, I still get double-CR/LF problems.

I want to use the functionality, but it still needs just a little more effort - one more little push I think could finally bring the needed level of polish to that part of the app.

Feedback and Knowledge Base