Start here:

Parent folder or multiple client select profile session open.

As a Director of IT, I've used Penguinet since it's first inception. I love it so much that it has been my only remote access program for the past 9 years.

The one feature that I would love to have at this point is the ability to select either a parent folder or to use the control key to select multiple client profiles to open all sessions at once.

In my enterprise I have many systems that are redundant or in clusters (i.e. appserver1->appserver5) and I have to select one, open the SSH session, go back into the profiles, select the next one and so forth. If I could do a control select of all the profiles I wish to open or their parent and have them all open at once, I would be estatic!

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Adminsiliconcircus (Admin, PenguiNet) responded  · 

We are thinking about ways to initiate sessions but leave the Connection Profiles window open. This should help with opening many sessions without overdoing the mouse clicks.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • emery.rudolph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the information regarding the Parent select function. I was unaware even after all these years!

This brings me to the other item, which is actually the more desirable feature - the ability to perform individual profile selects using the CTRL key. I have many parent folders which hold members of multiple clusters. If I want to perform a task on cluster01, then I would like to be able to select only those systems that comprise that cluster. Although I could create a sub-folder called cluster01, it becomes very messy for me because I am using virtualized systems (Solaris LDOMS), so I would much rather select the individual systems than open a parent folder. This also comes into play when I need to select specific systems like the first nameserver in the primary and DR environments. These do not logically fall under their own folder, but rather in the nameserver folders.

I hope this make sense. If not - I'll check back to field any questions. :-)

Thanks for all of your hard work in making an absolutely outstanding product!

• emery.rudolph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the information. It's funny how you can use something so long and not notice certain features!

And while this functionality is wonderful, it is only half of what I would like to see. I can select an entire parent profile and open all the children, but most time I just want a subset of those children.

For instance, most of my profiles have PROD, QAT, DEV and then subsections for the specific project or application. If I have 8 PeopleSoft PROD app servers under one parent and I want to open 4, I currently cannot.

If I could hold the Control key down and manually select the nodes that I want to open simultaneously, that would be outstanding!!!!!!

• Adminsiliconcircus (Admin, PenguiNet) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to hear you're finding it useful. It's always great to hear from happy users.

If I understand your request correctly, you can already do this. From the profile view, select the 'parent' of the profiles you want to open. Click over to the 'Options' tab, and select 'Connect to all children' under 'On connection'. This will then allow you to double click on the parent profile (Or highlight it and hit connect) and have it open all the child profiles at once.

Let us know if this works for you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base