Start here:

Custom workspace layout

I'd like to have the ability to open several connections at once in a consistent, recallable "workspace" layout.

EG: Open load monitoring connections on all our servers (profiles are already configured to run "top") and tile them the same way every time.

I should be able to:
- open connections and arrange them the way I want them to be forevermore
- hit "Save Workspace" and give the workspace a name
- recall the workspace from the profiles window (could be a separate root tree below the profiles)

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Des commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys,

I'd love to have this functionality as well! Just wondering if it's still on the to-do list?

Thanks for making such a great product!

Cheers!

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like changes to the workspace and GUI. Most of all, I'd like a connections sidebar similar to the way mRemoteNG does it. That way I can see all my connections without having to click the fiddly drop-down at the top of the screen and it would also provide an at-a-glance guide to currently open connections. Clicking on a connection would also just focus it instead of opening a new connection.

• gt-fail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a hacked possible solution for this. Would it be possible to associate a set of windows to running gnu screen sessions.

An example might be helpful:
        Every time you connect to a host it starts a screen session. The screen session id is stored in penguinet and is then associated with a "workspace" or a set of connections. You can then abruptly disconnect from the network and when you reconnect you can resume all connection sessions.

I thought about implementing this myself by using a login MOTD that listed all open screen sessions and having the send commands feature wait for... .. then send but then realized that it lack the functionality to do this.

And why does the text 'word wrap length' resize when i resize my penguinet window only when I am in a screen session.

• Nokesja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't tell you enough how much I want this. I love the MDI ability to have multiple shells open in one instance, but when I change monitor sizes, dock/undock, the shells resize, and when I align them again, the shells switch locations, drives me nuts!

Feedback and Knowledge Base