Start here:

Middle mouse scroll in vim.

The thing I like most about gnome-terminal is the fact that it understands the middle mouse scroll. Especially in vim. Penguinet is a freaking amazing and it would awesome if this worked.

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gt-fail shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adminsiliconcircus (Admin, PenguiNet) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

gt-fail, no, we mean selecting "xterm" under "Terminal type" on the "Login" tab in Connection profiles. This restriction is needed because only that terminal type has the features we need in order to tell whether you're in vim (or a similar remote app) or not. When not in an app such as vim, we presume you'd like the scroll wheel to still scroll through your scrollback. When in vim (or similar), we'll translate the scroll wheel movement into cursor up/down, which is what gnome-terminal is doing.

• gt-fail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

James - you shouldn't have to bind keys to do this.

Admin - xterm? like x11 forwarding a gt (gnome-terminal)? It would be nice if this was not the case. It would be awesome but probably very difficult to do this nativity. I have faith. Penguinet is great keep up the awesome work.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently I am using the Logitech MX series mice and have the Logitech software and Drivers installed and I have no issues with the middle mouse button. I connect Penguinet to Linux, Solaris, AIX, BSD, HP_UX, etc. It works on all connections with the Logitech MX series mice.

Feedback and Knowledge Base