General

Welcome to the official PenguiNet forum!

Please post your comments, questions, problems, feedback and ideas here – we’re listening.

General

Categories

1. It would be great if all the windows and connections had the same border, inherited from the OS, regardless of whether they're attached or not.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hello,

I would like to request an option that will be capable of hiding scrollbar.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be sweet if you could clone a scp session from a window and it would then drop you into your current directory. I know there's no easy way to do this cause your current directory isnt available to penguinet. If you guys ever figured that out it would be cool too if you could clone a terminal session and have it drop you into that sessions current directory. Penguinet is awesome! keep up the good work

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When transfering data and working on the same server, scp will exhaust all of the bandwidth thus making it difficult to work. This would be solved by adding the option to throttle the scp connection

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For on the go usage, sync with connectbot (android) all my connections would be fantastic. Trying to get round that at the moment using ssh keys, but cannot figure out how to export a private key from penguinet in a format connectbot will like (ssh1-rsa)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd like PenguiNet alert before closing an SSH session with tunneling, because quite often I forget having the tunnel up and I close an "inoperative" ssh window, thus inadvertently closing the tunnel.
    A generic SSH window without active tunneling would then have no alert if closing it.

An interesting alternative would be to have PenguiNet to open tunnels without opening ssh window.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi. Actually this problem have been recurring for a quite long time ago. The problem is that whenever I paste text that contains more than 6 lines, the session will hang and I have to close it and open the session again.

This does not happen when I paste text in vi mode. It happened when I paste text directly onto the terminal prompt.

I have tested the same situation with SecureCRT and it has no such problem.

Hope you guys could kindly fix this.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would love to be able to select tabs and then choose a window sort.

For instance. I usually have 10+ tabs open, but would love an easy way to side - by - side compare two or three of them. So, if I could select the ones I wish to see, then click "Tile Vertically" and easily have them side by side... That would be awesome.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I like the idea of this – reminds me of the Windows 7 advert here in the UK or IE’s “Quick Tabs”.

We have a number of user interface changes being debated. For example, a quick way to zoom in and out of terminal sessions would benefit you here I think.

Any other feedback out there?

9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

James, which version are you using? Newer versions come with an option in Send Commands, “Hide text to be sent”, meaning you could use Send Commands for this without exposing a password.

10. Hi, version 2.53 (I ugpgraded this morning) appears to ignore the escape key in vi. I realise I can use Ctrl-C in this version, but have a preference for escape. Is escape likely to make a comback?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gill,
    Which older version are we comparing with here? What OS and version is running on your remote host? Does changing “Terminal type” on the “Login” tab in Connection Profiles fix this for you?

11. i am doing an initial setup of penguinet, and have 200+ connections to put in a folder. i spoofed the xml to load the connections, but am finding that i have to select & drag each one separately to the folder rather than being able to select & drag the whole bunch at once. it would be great to be able to perform functions (drag, open, scp, edit shared parameters) on all selected connections at the same time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When trying to type a "#" in SSH session it does not show up. Whats wrong?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Frank, Thanks for the report. In connection profiles, under “Login”, what do you have “Terminal type” set to? Are you using SSH, Telnet or Serial? Which font are you using? What country are you in (more specifically, what country’s keyboard layout are you using)?

13. I am trying to setup a connection using SSH with Pub Key auth. My newly created key is not showing in the drop down for SSH2. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Rich

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In the send commands, I have sudo then a cd commands. Works. If I change the dir to cd into, it stops working. I've tried everything, including just cd /home. I've encountered this numerous times and figured I'd mention it. I don't know if it's the pause in the sudo authentication or what....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. You use a lot of window resize to copy paste from other applications don't you? See further !!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I like to leave authentication agent forwarding switched on as most of my servers support it. However, some don't and the "authentication agent not supported" pop up box appears. I'm not sure this modal warning box is that helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Would be nice to be able to set penguinet to play a sound when a new line is entered on the terminal. Good for a timely reminder when a long-running job is completed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. well, I cannot select anything from drop-down list. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18298016/pictures/Untitled-1.png

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You’re probably using SSH2 and need to select one of your SSH2 keys from the combo just below the one open in your screenshot. If you see no keys there either, try adding the key via Tools|Manage keypairs.

• Don't see your idea?